Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Knit From Your Books in 2009!

Last year turned out to be a pretty busy year for me. The result was that I did very little knitting, and no blogging. The good news is that I’ve finally graduated and my Christmas knitting is late as ever, but almost done. This means I have more time for knitting, and that what I’m working on is no longer secret! I can't wait to start sharing again, but for now I’m just going to introduce you to my new goal:

In 2009 I want to knit from my books.

Let me explain. I have a lot of lovely knitting books and I love each and every one of them. Despite my love, I haven’t used them very much. I have added a project from every single book to my queue, attempted a pattern from just over half of them, and finished a project from only a handful of them.

My books deserve more love. In 2009 I plan to give it to them. I have 13 books, plus a subscription to Interweave. That means 14 projects for the year in 2009. That is more than I’ve ever knit in a year before. Let’s see if I can do it! Anyone want to join me? I know I can’t be the only one who doesn’t give her books enough love. :)

On an unrelated note I’ll be moving my blog to wordpress. I prefer the setup over there, and it gives me a chance for a fresh start. If anyone is still reading this thing, please come and join me. I’ll keep posting here for just a bit so there is some sort of transition period. The new blog can be found here

No comments: